If you are looking to find the best office chair for working at home, you’ve come to the right place. An office chair is essential for an office job where you spend many hours sitting.
It is a piece of furniture that must meet a series of requirements to guarantee maximum comfort when working. In this sense, it should be borne in mind that spending long hours sitting in front of a screen requires that our body be kept in optimal conditions, guaranteeing good posture, and maximum comfort.
It is also very important to our general health and well-being. Do you work from home? then even more important is for your performance.
If you need to choose a good office chair, then you can choose from the most comfortable and recommended options at prices adapted to all budgets.
Choosing the Best Office Chair for working at home.
1. Amazonbasics Office Chair
This office chair belongs to the Amazon Basics collection. In fact, it stands out for its extreme simplicity, a fact that has seduced more than one.
It is a low-back model, without armrests and with wheels. In addition, it allows rotating in 360º.
The seat and backrest are well padded and provide a not inconsiderable comfort. Although the brand guarantees physical well-being throughout the day, it is not the most ergonomic model on the market. So, listen to your body!
It has a lever that allows you to adjust the seat inclination, in addition to the height of the seat (between 87.9 and 96 cm). The maximum weight supported by the structure is 110 kg.
The chair has 5 feet on nylon wheels, which slide very smoothly. They are designed for use on carpets or rugs, in fact, they have surprised by their speed and their lack of stability on smooth ground. So be careful!
It has a classic design, and the fabric lining is breathable, giving it a certain elegance. That said, the materials do not accompany the quality that its styling treasures, but of course, the price must be taken into account.
In the end, it is a very basic model, but it allows some adjustments. It is comfortable thanks to its internal padding and it is also robust. We recommend it for short sessions, whether for doing homework, ordering paperwork, etc.
2. Songmics office chair
The SONGMICS office chair attracts attention for its elegant and padded design, and above all for the robustness of its structure, which supports weights of up to 150 kilos.
This chair has some extras to highlight such as a comfortable padded headrest to protect the neck
This model has a 360º turning capacity and also allows the user to adjust both the height and the recline of the backrest, in addition to being able to adjust the seat.
Always thinking of guaranteeing maximum comfort, this chair will satisfy all your expectations regarding durability and comfort.
Pros – Robust structure and elegant design
Cons – The base can be noisy with movement.
3. Herman Miller Aeron Office Chair
If money is not an issue, then there is no doubt that Herman Miller’s Aeron is one of the best office chairs on the market.
The design is very well studied. For example, the mesh backing allows it to breathe and not overheat.
You can also regulate the position of the chair by up to eight points, and thus achieve the comfort expected from a chair with these characteristics.
It’s not cheap, but when you find the right angle, it will have been worth it.
4. Ergonomic office chair
A piece of furniture with lumbar support that has a breathable and durable mesh structure on the back that allows you to work comfortably and freshly.
The design is functional and equipped with a pneumatic control that provides greater security and a more fluid movement.
This chair has a maximum security design that will guarantee comfort, softness, and comfort whenever you use it. Its patented design helps you mitigate fatigue and reduces the possibility of low back problems.
You may also like: Best Digital Piano for Home Use
Buying Guide – Best Office Chair for working at home
If you spend hours and hours sitting in the office every day, in addition to having a good keyboard and a mouse, it is essential to choose a model that suits your needs, demands, and morphology. This will avoid back problems linked to poor posture.
In order to help you make a decision before purchase, here are several criteria that should be taken into account:
- Height adjustment: all desks are not created equal. So make sure the seat height adjustment is suitable for your desk and your leg length. Nowadays, most often, such adjustment is made by means of a lever that operates a gas or hydraulic cylinder, which allows you to gently adjust the position.
- Seat and backrest inclination: the main ones are: simple rocking (simple backrest inclination backward); permanent back/back contact (designed for the back to follow the movements of your back); synchronous (simultaneous tilting of the seat forward and backward); double (both the backrest and the seat can be adjusted independently); and three-dimensional inclination (allows the accompaniment of your body in all its movements).
- Headrest adjustments: These offer support to the arms, allowing the shoulders to rest. You could also opt for an adjustable armrest, at least in height, that allows a better adaptation to its morphology. You can even find the so-called “3D” armrests (height adjustable, forwards or backward and on a radial axis), but most of all, they are the “4D”, which even allow you to adjust the width. It is very popular with gamers.
There are also a number of important criteria to consider before purchasing:
- Manageability: Like vertical work desks that allow you to change your position during the day, your chair, in addition to being adjustable, must be easy. It is essential to check the mechanisms and the way to use them, so as not to have a bad surprise.
- The size: it is essential to choose a model adapted to your size. In fact, the size of the backrest has a direct influence on your back and neck problems, and if you go for a too-large model, it can have negative effects on both. Check the width of the seat as well as the maximum weight allowed.
- Materials: If strength and material quality are important, the coating is more important. Cloth (or mesh) chairs are usually softer, but get dirty faster due to use. Leather ones are easier to maintain and are often considered more comfortable. However, I do not recommend it to everyone (a leather chair in a poorly ventilated room during the summer heat …).
In summary, as you may have understood, there is no perfect chair, only adapted to your personal needs and tastes. However, special attention should always be paid to the management of respiration, the quality of the filling (so that it does not sink too quickly), and the seams.
After having examined all these criteria, together with the opinions and criticism of users and experts in some of the web references in the matter, here is our selection of the 4 best office chairs of the moment.