Preparing rice is more difficult than it sounds. It requires removing the starch, adjusting the amount of water, and controlling the time and state of cooking.
And, even so, nothing guarantees that it will be perfect, especially if we are cooking brown rice, pumpkin or sushi.
Although rice can be done easily and in a few minutes, it requires knowing the exact point and being aware, especially so that it does not pass. And what better way to cook rice comfortably and almost magically in a rice cooker.
It is a staple in many kitchens, particularly from the moment you start using it, especially if you love to eat – and cook – rice. And it is that although cooking rice is not very difficult, the rice cooker helps make cooking not only even simpler but also comfortable.
Just fill the pot with rice and water, press the button, and voila! in a few minutes we have our rice cooked, and done. And to help you, we have compiled the best rice cookers that you can easily buy from home. Do you discover them with us?
Do you hesitate to buy a mini rice cooker? Here are some of the advantages that will surely convince you!
They take up less space in your kitchen than conventional cookers.
They cook your rice perfectly.
Their capacity is ideal for small households (no waste).
The use is simple.
The prices of the devices are reasonable ..
What is the best mini rice cooker?
1. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
If you prefer a one hundred percent electric rice cooker/steamer, but smaller the Panasonic cooker will be your choice since it has a capacity of 1L and has a power of 750W. Although if you need more quantity you can also opt for the 1.8-liter version.
You can easily make rice at the touch of a button – the rice cooker will easily take care of everything else. On the other hand, thanks to the Fuzzy Logic technology developed by Panasonic, it optimizes both cooking time and power, thus achieving a more uniform and precise result.
The truth is that its design is not only exclusive but also quite beautiful. In addition, the buttons to select the cooking option include a series of icons with very nice color and design, with a total of 6 programs: fast cooking, steam cooking, white rice, brown rice, oatmeal, and soup.
2. Russel Hobbs 23200 3.5L Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
This large capacity rice cooker, with its 1.8-liter tank, allows you to prepare large doses of rice and will be perfectly suitable for families.
With this model, you can prepare up to 10 doses of rice. This allows you to have some reservations for weeks where you don’t have time to cook, for example.
This model is also interesting for its steam basket located on the tank: it allows you to cook fish or vegetables during the preparation of your rice.
This is very effective for fish, less for some vegetables because the rice will be ready before the end of the steaming of the vegetable (to maximize efficiency, cut the vegetables into small pieces).
It is sold with a measuring cup that allows you to dose your rice, as well as with a small plastic spatula to serve it without breaking it. It also has a clear glass lid that allows you to control your rice.
This rice cooker is solid thanks to stainless steel construction, not very heavy, weighing approximately 1 kilo, which allows it to be moved without difficulty if you cannot leave it in your work plan permanently, and does not denote No in the kitchen together to other appliances.
We especially appreciate its automatic shutdown function when the rice is cooked and the keep warm function that allows you to have rice consumable at a good temperature at any time.
3. Cuisinart CRC-800 8-Cup Rice Cooke
Vary the pleasure by opting for a multifunction rice cooker with Cuisinart CRC800E This cooking appliance not only cooks rice, but also certain cereals and other foods (vegetables, meat, fish, etc.) with steam.
It is also effective for cooking pulses and making soups by manual cooking. You can enjoy your preparations at any time of the day thanks to its keep-warm function which is automatically triggered at the end of cooking.
The presence of indicator lights will let you know if the appliance is still in cooking or keeping warm mode. Clever, the Cuisinart CRC800E incorporates an efficient warm function to easily reheat your dishes and soups.
Weight: 2.6 Kg
Dimensions: 25 x 23 x 26 cm
Power: 700 Watts
Capacity: 1 liter
4. Oster 6-Cup Rice Cooker
Taking into account the opinions of Amazon users, this is the best rice cooker from the Oster brand and an excellent alternative to the two models that lead this comparison.
“A rice cooker with a function to keep rice hot, very interesting and that includes a tray for steaming food,” says Steve Calavera.
For his part, Rubén Ticona Guillén adds “an ideal mini rice cooker for two people. It is an excellent value for money and easy to use and clean. ”
The score of this Oster rice cooker on Amazon is 4.1 out of 5 with 58% of 5-star ratings. Such a high score is due, based on the opinions in analyzed rice cookers, at its price, its refractory glass lid with a ventilation system that prevents overcooking of the food and its removable non-stick container.
Buying Guide – Best mini rice cooker.
Before launching for an offer in rice, we must take into account these aspects to ensure we choose correctly:
- Capacity: A mini rice cooker will have a maximum of 0.8 liters of capacity, while an industrial rice cooker can reach 6 liters. This will mark, on the one hand, the total size of the rice cooker and, on the other hand, the number of servings that can be made in it. To give us an idea, the rice cookers recommended for families of 4 members have between 1.5 and 2 liters of capacity.
- Removable non-stick container: This element prevents food debris from becoming embedded and facilitates subsequent cleaning. Rice cookers with a Teflon interior are the most economical of all those that meet this requirement, although the best are stainless steel. Rice cookers with bioceramic coating deserve special mention for their quality in this regard, although their prices are much higher.
- Steam cooking tray: this accessory is placed on the container filled with water and allows you to cook vegetables, meats, legumes, and any other food you want to steam.
- Timer: a component that is not lacking in the best rice cookers of the moment. Thanks to it we can indicate the exact cooking and resting time of the rice according to the chosen type.
- Texture adjustment: this is one of the features that most affects the price of rice cookers. With it, we can adjust the performance of the appliance so that the rice is at the point we like.
- Reheat mode: we prepare the rice to serve it at 2:15 pm but, for whatever reason, our children arrive late from school and it gets cold. With this system, we will be able to reheat it without affecting its quality until, in many cases, 24 hours after it has been cooked.
- Porridge mode: it is an additional system that allows you to easily prepare this healthy dish. Only included in rice cookers with multi-kitchen functions.
- Automatic heating maintenance function: another characteristic of the best rice cookers. When the rice is done cooking, it maintains the internal temperature to preserve the food until it is served. When the lid is opened, it automatically disconnects.
- Automatic disconnection: the fact that we forget to disconnect the rice cooker can pose a serious security problem. But, if you have this functionality, it will turn itself off after a while if it does not detect food in its container.
What is a rice cooker?
A rice cooker, also called a rice steamer, rice cooker, or rice cooker, is a device designed to cook rice quickly, conveniently, and automatically. In fact, one of the problems that we usually find when preparing this cereal is that it requires a lot of attention.
Also, it is not easy to make it look perfect. However, with these utensils, you just have to put the rice inside, pour the right amount of water, and let them take care of everything else.
There are several types of rice cookers. However, they all consist of the same parts :
- Insulating outer cover: it is designed so that the user does not get burned when coming into contact with it.
- Heating element: it is responsible for heating the water inside the rice cooker.
- Removable non-stick tray: it is generally made of stainless steel or aluminum, although there are also models with a ceramic bowl. It usually has marks that indicate the amount of water and rice necessary according to the number of servings that you want to prepare.
- Vented glass lid: Glass lid rice cookers allow you to visually control rice cooking. The ventilation openings in the glass cover serve to release the pressure inside and to maintain the proper temperature.
Then, depending on the type in question, we can find rice cookers with automatic disconnection, with an on / off switch or with a timer, for example.
How does rice cooker work?
The operation of a rice cooker is very simple. First of all, add two parts of water to one part of the rice . This is because half of the liquid will be absorbed by the cereal and the other will evaporate to achieve the perfect degree of cooking.
By introducing the water and the rice in the indicated proportion, the rice cooker raises the temperature inside without ever reaching or exceeding 100 ºC. We must remember that, to prepare rice and that it is in its point, the water must not reach the boiling point.
The operation of a rice cooker is so simple that before you know it you will have spectacular rice ready
If it is an intelligent rice cooker with steam cooking function, it will detect by itself when the water has evaporated and has been absorbed by the rice. At that time, it will take care of keeping your interior warm but at a lower temperature. Generally, this is 65 ºC. This will ensure, in just 5 minutes, that the rice acquires the ideal texture.
Characteristics and types of rice cookers
After making this comparison of rice cookers, we have concluded that the following types exist:
- Electric rice cooker: the small appliance to cook rice of a lifetime. It has a thermostat that controls the temperature, an on / off switch, and resistance that heats the inner container. They must be plugged into an outlet from which to draw the power they need to operate, thereby releasing fire from the hob or gas burner.
- Digital Rice Cooker – This is a more modern variant of electric rice cookers. The difference is that it has digital control panels to regulate its operation.
- Smart rice cooker: these are currently the best rice cookers on the market. They have a microprocessor inside which, together with a thermostat and a timer, control the temperature with total precision in each phase of the cooking and resting process. Rice cookers with Fuzzy Logic technology are also called.
- Industrial rice cooker: it is the one commonly used in bars and restaurants that, like those specialized in Chinese and Japanese cuisine, need to prepare large amounts of rice daily. Industrial rice cookers are very large.
- Gas rice cooker: a gas rice cooker includes, at its base, a fire similar to that of a burner.
- Manual or microwave rice cooker: these are small rice cookers that do not need to be connected to a plug or a gas stove to work. They are made of materials compatible with the microwave. Put the rice and water in its container and then cover it with a cover with ventilation holes. It is enough to start the microwave at 800 W of power so that, in the time indicated according to the type of rice, it perfectly prepares the cereal.
Estimated cooking times depending on the type of rice
The best rice cookers on the market prepare perfectly any type of rice. These are the cooking times necessary for each of them:
- Round rice: Also called medium grain rice. It is the most common in supermarkets and in the dishes we eat regularly. Its main peculiarity is to perfectly absorb the flavors of the ingredients that accompany it. It is prepared in 15 minutes of cooking and 5 more minutes of rest.
- Long rice: it is thin and elongated and is usually used in salads, side dishes, and cold dishes. It is ready after 10 minutes of cooking and 5 minutes of rest.
- Bomba rice: it receives this name because, in addition to being round, it triples in size by absorbing the water and the flavors of the broth in which it is prepared. It is prepared in 18-20 minutes of cooking and 5 minutes of rest.
- Brown rice: this is the name of the rice that is cooked with its husk, which is rich in fiber. Therefore, it is the one that requires the most cooking time. It remains at its point after 20 minutes of cooking and 10 minutes of rest.
- Short rice: it is the most frequently used in desserts, such as rice pudding. It is prepared in 20 minutes and does not need rest.
- Rice for risotto: it requires less water (1.5 parts of water for 1 of rice) and is specific for this dish. It is ready within 15-20 minutes of cooking and does not require rest.
- Sushi rice: This is probably the most difficult type of rice to cook. It has a lot of starch, so you have to wash it many times before cooking it to be ready. Afterward, it should be simmered for 15 minutes and left to rest for another 10 minutes to make it look good. Today, there are rice cookers for sushi that prepare it perfectly without user intervention.
How to clean and maintain the rice cooker in good condition?
The fact that we have bought one of the best high-quality rice cookers on the market or that, on the contrary, we opted for a cheap rice cooker is not relevant. If we want it to last in perfect condition as long as possible, we must clean it as follows after each use:
- Unplug the rice cooker.
- Extract the container and fill with water to soften the embedded dirt.
- Use a soft, non-scratching scouring pad, hot water, and mild soap (not a dishwasher!) To remove food debris.
- Clean the outer cover, lid, and non-slip feet with a damp cloth.
- Let everything dry and reassemble.
I hope this best mini rice cooker helps you out! Now start making your decisions. Read also: Best Riding Lawn Mower for Small Yard