The best chainsaw for farm use is in this product comparison, do not hesitate to take a look at the options available so that you have a certain purchase and do not fail in the choice, because you will lose time and money in vain.
There are electric, gasoline, and the most modern with batteries for wireless use, in addition to their powerful motors and quality blades. Some come with accessories to protect it at the time of safekeeping.
Check first and invest in quality, do not mistakenly buy chainsaws that will later be a disappointment. We hope this comparison with the best chainsaw models that we have found online will serve you.
Here are the best chainsaw for farm use and others.
1. Makita XCU03PT1 18V chainsaw – Best overall chainsaw
Why should you buy this? The Makita XCU03PT1 chainsaw represents the best in class for all-purpose chainsaw tools as it is perfect for both home and professional work.
For whom it is? This is an ideal chainsaw if you want to balance professional use with versatility at home and also take quality into account.
Why we chose the Makita XCU03PT1:
We loved this chainsaw in part because of its fantastic direct drive motor system. This provides excellent energy efficiency; Although it is an electric model, it has a power equivalent to a 32 cc gas chainsaw, allowing you to have all the advantages of electric models with almost no inconvenience.
It also allows you to adjust your chain without the use of tools. This makes operating and maintaining the chainsaw much easier compared to many models on the market. A variable speed trigger and a series of high-speed chain adjustments allow you to improve your performance regardless of the thickness of the wood you are cutting.
There’s also a built-in on-off switch and an auto-off feature. This will help you save battery power by turning off the chainsaw when not in use.
2. The Greenworks 40V 12inch Cordless Chainsaw – The best cheap chainsaw
Why should you buy this? This affordable chainsaw is both cordless and powerful and has some of the best features on the market despite its low asking price.
Who’s it for? This is an ideal choice for those who need to maintain their home with a chainsaw but don’t want to break the bank at the same time.
Why we choose Greenworks:
This is an affordable but reliable chainsaw that features many of the same design innovations seen in more expensive models. The lithium-ion battery system is perfect for powering multiple types of tools, and you can combine it with other Greenworks products for added versatility.
The chainsaw itself has a 30cm bar and chain that is perfect for cutting through the wood debris around your home or property. You can adjust the chain tension without the use of tools to quickly adapt to any situation.
This chainsaw is also equipped with a translucent oil tank that allows you to always check the condition of the oil. To make things even better, there is an automatic lubrication system to keep the bar and chain moving smoothly. All in all, it is not only one of the most affordable chainsaws on the market, but also one of the easiest to use.
3. Oregon Self-Sharpening 16inch Cordless Chainsaw – The best high-end chainsaw
Why should you buy this? Few chainsaws match the advanced utility and innovation that this power tool brings; self-sharpening is just the beginning.
For whom it is? It is a perfect choice for high-tech chainsaw users who appreciate high-end or innovative tools for maintaining their properties.
Why we chose the Oregon self-sharpening chainsaw:
This chainsaw has some of the most futuristic and advanced design options we’ve ever seen. For starters, there is a powerful brushless motor that can increase your overall power and efficiency. This is reinforced by the presence of a special chain that minimizes downtime. It allows you to automatically sharpen the saw while it’s still on the chain in seconds.
A special Lubri-Tech automatic lubrication system further improves the product, reducing chain friction and improving overall saw operating time. This allows you to do more work in less time.
Not to mention, this saw has an advanced interface to control it and is light and extremely easy to use. It starts with a button instead of pulling a rope, and it works almost silently.
4. Ryobi ONE + cordless chainsaw – The best cordless chainsaw
Why should you buy this? The Ryobi ONE + Cordless Chainsaw is a world-class tool that delivers phenomenal performance and power even without using an electric or gas cord.
For whom it is? This should be an option for anyone who prefers the mobility and adaptability of cordless chainsaws compared to their heavier corded counterparts.
Why we chose the Ryobi ONE + wireless:
This cordless chainsaw has a 30cm bar and chain to help you tackle any type of wood around your home or property. The chain tension can be adapted without tools to help things run smoothly and stay without having to stop long between cuts.
There is also an automatic oiler that is normally seen on more expensive and corded chainsaws. This model is powered by a 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery, which will last for several hours before needing to be recharged. The brushless motor built into this chainsaw ensures quality power and performance even with the toughest branches.
Plus, you get all the benefits of a lightweight, wireless design without sacrificing too much overall cutting power. The three-year limited warranty that comes with the purchase makes things even better and will ensure long-term performance if there’s ever a problem with tool components.
5. Greenworks 10 inch Cordless Chainsaw – The best small chainsaw
Why should you buy this? The Greenworks 25cm Cordless Chainsaw provides exceptional adaptability and mobility so you can take your chainsaw anywhere you need it.
For whom it is? This small Greenworks chainsaw is a perfect choice for those without too much upper body strength or who only have small branches that need to be trimmed.
Why we chose the Greenworks 25 cm chainsaw:
This is a much smaller chainsaw than usual tools, with a 25-centimeter bar and chain compared to the 30 or 35 centimeters found on most other models. Still, it has many of the same design advancements we expect from modern chainsaws, including tool-less tension to quickly adjust the chain and prevent it from jamming.
There’s also an automatic oiler, which is on many of Greenworks’ chainsaws, and a translucent oil tank so you can monitor the condition of your oil supply. The entire machine runs on a decent 2AH battery that powers a 24V motor.
This is powerful enough to help you maintain the garden, though remember that the chainsaw is definitely not designed as a heavy-duty chainsaw. Still, for those who need a smaller tool for one reason or another, there is nothing better than this.
6. Husqvarna 455 Rancher gasoline chainsaw 50 centimeters – The best chainsaw for professionals
Why should you buy this? The Husqvarna 455 Rancher gasoline chainsaw is a powerful piece of equipment designed for professional use, as evidenced by its impressive engine and fantastic bar and chain.
For whom it is? This is a perfect chainsaw for professional loggers who spend their work hours cutting trees or their many branches.
Why we chose the 50 centimeter Husqvarna 455 Rancher:
We chose the Rancher chainsaw largely because of its gasoline engine. This engine provides 55.5 cc of power to allow you to cut through especially thick trees or branches without much trouble. The 50-centimeter bar and chain also allow you to cut much thicker branches compared to the other chainsaws on our list.
There is an automatic chain oiler built into the design and a safety chain brake that will automatically stop the tool if it detects that it is falling. As this is a common hazard for arborists, many professional chainsaw users will appreciate this feature.
Cleaning this motorcycle
ierra is also easy thanks to the quick-release air filter. Even with its gasoline engine, it is designed to consume less fuel than many competing chainsaws and reduce overall emissions. This is useful for both the operator and the environment in general.
7.Oregon Sharpener 575214 / Sure Sharp Chainsaw Sharpener – Best Chainsaw Sharpener
Why should you buy this? The Oregon Sure Sharp Sharpener is a convenient and easy-to-use chainsaw sharpening kit that has tools for almost every chainsaw on the market.
For whom it is? This is a perfect chainsaw sharpening kit for mechanics or for those who prefer to maintain their own chainsaw in optimal condition.
Why we chose the Oregon Chainsaw Sharpener 575214:
This is an ideal chainsaw sharpening kit for several reasons. Includes several sharpening stones and a collet wrench; These tools allow you to effectively maintain the bars and chains of multiple varieties of chainsaws, including those of several major brands.
A sharpening angle adjustment guide is also included. This can help you sharpen more efficiently and results in a sharper, better performing chainsaw when you’re done. As a power tool, you also don’t have to sweat too much while optimizing your chainsaw.
You can sharpen most chainsaws up to 0.404 ″ pitch, which is ideal for most jobs. There’s also a 12V car adapter and various battery clips included in the kit, making it easy to recharge this chainsaw sharpener wherever you go.
What should you consider before buying the best chainsaw for farm use?
1. Easy maintenance systems
Both changing and tensioning the chain should be a very easy activity for the operator, so many are already designed for a tool-free change. Likewise, the lubrication system in most is already automatic. Do not forget to verify these characteristics and you will already know which device to choose . In all cases, you only have to buy consumables such as oil.
Unquestionably, although the use -in general- is sporadic, it should be comfortable and more if the pruning activity takes time. In this sense, it is necessary that you decide on the one that has a weight reduction . Many manufacturers pay attention to this characteristic and highlight it as a virtue of the product. They range from over 6 kilos to the lightest 3.1 kilos. Make a mistake, your comfort and comfort at work comes first.
3. Quality of the sword
Without a doubt the sword is the heart of the pruning chainsaw . The quality of the cuts are proportional to the quality of the sword. The most recognized models are OREGON and CARVIN, with these you will achieve the best cuts. Likewise, we can verify with the opinions on the length of the sword and its functionality. It is a detail that you can not miss and will give you more options on how to choose a good mechanical saw. One point to keep in mind in the decision.
4. Security systems
We know the risks when handling a chainsaw and preventing them is never over. Each manufacturer has added safety features for the proper use of the products and you should not forget to take them into account when you buy this device. Check if it has impact protection and anti-return protection with immediate chain brake. With these two characteristics you guarantee safe use, in addition to prolonging the useful life of the product.
5. Soft start
The starting system is transcendental since it can be very safe or can cause inconvenience both in the operator and in the instrument. A firing the chain saw should be avoided mishaps and systems that are designed to offer delicately upon ignition. Decide on the one that has the technology of a smooth, fast, and effortless start. Many manual start systems offer these features so it will be easy to decide.
Best brands on the market
The brands most searched by users are:
- Husqvarna – Definitely, a company dedicated to the development of pruning chainsaws for every need, from heavy-duty machines to small ones for private use. Focused on improvements in terms of rapid ignition, its ecological philosophy makes its products with reduced fuel use. It also has innovations in silent and wireless operation, all this put at the top of the manufacturers of chainsaws .
- Stihl – They become the best chainsaws on the market highlighting the use of batteries, no more gasoline, no more electric cables, it already has versatile models for both gardening enthusiasts and the most demanding professionals. Amazon allows an easy purchase of this product at the best price on the market.
- Parker – With over 100 years of making successful engineering products, Parker offers endless artifacts with guaranteed performance. Present in more than 50 countries around the world, they help meet human needs with efficient products. Gardening would not be the same today without Parker’s advancements.
What types of chainsaws are there?
The market has developed several models each with its benefits and adaptations according to the requirements of the operators, which also vary in requirements. Many have the profession of logging, others only practice it for winter chores. In this sense, an exhaustive search was made so that everything is clear if what you want is to buy.
There are at least three classifications of chainsaws, one is based on the power source , in this case three are known: electric, gasoline, and those that work with lithium batteries. Another classification is given by the use that will be given, in which there are at least three: pruning, height, and professional . Finally, they are classified according to the frequency of use in rural, commercial, or forestry. Although these classifications are not so strict, they serve at the time of the decision.
According to the power source there are three types of chainsaws:
- Power: The power is given by the electric current , come with wires and this is decisive in its use. If the cable is not very long, the use of extension cords is essential. For open spaces it is perhaps not the most recommended because of the limitation of the power cable, however there are ways to use it. Its use is mainly domestic, they are cheaper than battery or gasoline and silent. They do periodic maintenance. Due to their potency, they are recommended for softwoods.
- Gasoline: The main thing to note is that the development of power is unmatched when gasoline is used as an energy source. Comfortable to use due to not having the limitation of the cable, it can be taken anywhere without the need for accessories. What must be kept in mind is the amount of gasoline that can be placed for the use of the chainsaw. Each manufacturer makes improvements to the gas tank so that it is as easy to fill as often as possible. Its use is for intensive or professional work. Because of its system, maintenance has to be carried out frequently.
- A Battery: The latest technology brings all electronic equipment using lithium batteries . With a quick recharge, you can use the device, without the need for a cable or gasoline, fully contributing to ecology. Very easy to move, without accessories or consumables, this model is the evolution in all areas. Even manufacturers have already adapted a single battery model for various power tools , making product acquisition easier. They are very useful at high altitudes and some models are low weight allowing one-handed operation. They are also widely used for high-altitude softwoods. Maintenance is periodic.
According to the use that will be given:
- Pruning: very for domestic use , for the maintenance of small gardens or for cutting firewood in the winter. They are always looking light and easy to use. The work in these cases is done sporadically. There are models that can even be operated with one hand.
- Height: have an extendable telescopic device or handle that allows you to reach the highest branches without having to climb ladders or trees. Mainly used by professionals, firefighters, among others. They reach 4 or 5 meters high on average.
- Professional: Whether on farms or in forests, professional chainsaws are the most powerful and for all types of hard or softwood. Additionally, they come with systems that generate comfort for long logging days, as well as security systems for frequent operators of these tools.
According to the frequency of use :
- Rural : its use is semi-professional, very necessary on farms, farms or in large gardens, for medium-sized trees. Generally, they are gasoline to develop greater power in felling. They are not so light, but they do have security and anti-vibration systems for comfortable work.
- Commercial: widely used by institutions dedicated to the care and maintenance of streets and parks. Its use is for pruning large trees or by firefighters for citizen safety. Contractors and civil defense are the ideal for this tool.
- Forest: its use is intensive, mainly used by the wood industry for cutting large and hard trees . Their maintenance must be constant and operators are experts in handling these instruments, even so, they must have extreme safety and comfort measures for comfortable work, for the latter, anti-vibration systems are used that reduce operator fatigue. The material with which it is manufactured is the most resistant, so that it supports long working hours.
Before buying, recognize what you want the chainsaw for? How often will you use it? What kind of trees will be cut down? and based on that you can make the best decision. We invite you to re-evaluate what you should consider when buying a chainsaw, as well as the types of chainsaw according to the power source, the use, and the frequency that it will be given. Together, it will make you make the best decision and you can be very satisfied with the product purchased.
Additionally, you need to check if the manufacturing company provides after-sales services , if it has spare parts or consumables and if it is possible to read the opinions of the users in which they indicate what other implement to buy. Sometimes, it is necessary to acquire the oil or extensions, as the case may be. Also, you would earn more if you offer technical service for the maintenance or repair of the tool, if you have offices nearby that can help you in a moment of rush and the guarantee.
As for the guarantee, there are many modalities, most give two years on all products and extend to one more year if you buy another item from the same brand. In other cases, the responsible companies give a lifetime guarantee, as long as it is used in the correct way, with adequate maintenance, which is worth doing. Don’t lose an inch of these recommendations and shop safely.
What is a chainsaw?
It is a machine made up of a series of saw teeth incorporated into a chain-driven by a motor that makes it rotate at high speed. Its main function is to cut logs, branches or other tall objects, it can even be used to cut the ice into blocks or large pieces; There are also experts in making sculptures of both wood and ice using aberrant. Chainsaws typically have gasoline or electric motors. Chain saws can run on power cord or batteries.
How to use it?
If you are still not very used to using it, you do not have to worry, because below, we leave you with a series of small steps to explain how to use it correctly.
- Chain brake: First, check that the chain brake is not activated and put the guide in the appropriate place.
- Check the sprocket: Check the rotation of the chain and pass it over the drive sprocket. Force the chain with the guide and tighten the chain nuts to get it running.
- Tighten the chain: Again, tighten the chain and try not to let it slack.
- Start: Subsequently, retighten the nuts, lift the chainsaw and maneuver the accelerator to start the machine.
Advantages of using a chainsaw
Pruning chainsaws offer a variety of advantages over their use. Therefore, if you already have the model and brand that you like the most, you only have to buy one of them, then we present you a list with the main advantages that you will have when using this type of machine:
- By having a chainsaw we can keep our field cleaner and much more careful.
- It offers maximum comfort when working, as it is a light tool.
- They are very easy to use.
- Most chainsaws do not require much maintenance.
- They are machines that do not consume many resources.
How does chainsaw work?
A chainsaw is made up of two main parts: on the one hand, a saw blade attached to a chain, covered around a long metal guide bar. And, on the other, a motor. There are different classes, depending on the type of motor you have.
- Two-stroke gasoline engine: Chainsaws with this type of engine are usually very powerful, but they also make a lot of noise.
- Electric motor, is powered by a cable or a battery.
The chain usually passes around a hardened steel gear wheels that lead to turning the chain when it passes through the teeth. Inside the engine, when the piston moves in and out of the cylinder, it pushes a connecting rod that spins a crankshaft. The crankshaft rotates the gears that are connected through a centrifugal mechanism to one of the sprockets on which the chain is mounted, and the chain rotates.
How to sharpen a pruning chainsaw?
A chainsaw requires different care for its proper maintenance. One of the most important and important is its sharpening. To start doing this, you must fix the sword so that it remains rigid.
Next, what you have to do is start with a file template that you will use with gentle forward movements throughout the sword.
How to carburet your chainsaw?
A machine of this type is very simple to maintain, however, it is necessary to know the different problems that we may encounter. One widely used is to have to carbure the engine. To achieve this we will have to work with the hot engine.
When the engine is hot we proceed to look for the carburetor adjusting screws and check the filter to see if it is clean or not. In case it is not, we must change it to continue using our chainsaw.
When to change the chain of the chainsaw?
The chain is an element that should not be changed very often, so it is not something to worry about constantly, only when we see that the part of the cutting teeth has a measurement less than four millimeters or in case we observe cracks In the chain.
At that time you should stop using the chainsaw as a precaution and make the change since if you do not do it you could even damage the chainsaw.
When to replace the chainsaw sword?
The chainsaw blade should not be changed unless it shows signs that it should be replaced by another. These indications can be from when we see damage to the sword and that prevents us from doing the work or that we need a longer one to cut certain trees.
In the first case, cracks or marks may appear on the sword, making it clear that a change is required. Regarding the second case, we should not start cutting a tree that has a diameter greater than that of our sword without previously replacing it.
How to choose the best one?
To keep our field clean and pruned in the best possible way, it is necessary to have a suitable chainsaw that gives us all the guarantees, being able to work safely and effectively. For this, below, we present the main factors that you must take into account when choosing the best pruning chainsaw for our garden, in this way, your purchase will be very satisfactory.
- Chain tensioner: Mainly, this aspect is very important, because with this element you will not need tools or have to disassemble the chain for tensioning, making this maintenance task easier and more comfortable.
- Ergonomics: This factor is essential since handling with greater grip makes it easier to use, preventing it from slipping out of your hands and facilitating the work you do.
- Check the power: This is an important aspect, so you must be clear about the use you are going to give it, because depending on the work you require you will need one power or another.
- Choosing the chainsaw: Another important point is to choose between a gasoline chainsaw or an electric chainsaw. In this case, the type of power saw will also depend on the use that is going to be given, and the autonomy that we are going to need from the team.
- Bar length: According to the bar length of the chainsaw, this will be the size of the cuts and bushes that we can cut. A bigger sword will guarantee the cutting of larger trees, but at the same time, it will be less manageable. On the other hand, the shorter swords will not serve us to cut too large trees, but they are less heavy and can end up cutting those branches inaccessible to large swords.
- Frequency of use: It is essential that you know the frequency of use with which you will use it to accurately choose the most appropriate machine for your needs. It is advisable to buy an electric chainsaw if your frequency of use is provisional, on the other hand, if you have many trees to cut, it is best to buy a gasoline chainsaw with a higher power for all demanding jobs.
- Quality and guarantee: As in all tools, it is essential to buy a chainsaw that is manufactured by a recognized and trusted brand that provides us with quality equipment with a good guarantee and after-sales service, in order to have accessories and spare parts when necessary.
- Vibration reduction: You should also take into account that it has a good vibration reduction mechanism and one with electronic ignition to facilitate starting.
- Air filtering system: It is always best to choose a chainsaw with a large air intake, which will allow a large amount of cooling air. Cartridge or plush filter machines with rubber ends, which prevent dirt from entering, are also recommended.
How much money should I spend on a pruning chainsaw?
Among most of the products that we will get on the market, high-end chain saws will provide us with performance and greater durability. However, there are also models and brands of low or medium range that also fulfill the same functions, but at a more affordable price for our pocket and with similar benefits.
- Cheaper chainsaws: There are cheap pruning chainsaw models that provide us with a variety of benefits with which to satisfy our needs when pruning trees and taking care of our field.
- Better quality chainsaws: Higher quality machines are mainly distinguished by the motor since when they are used they will have lower consumption and higher performance.
Safety tips when using a chainsaw
Chainsaws are machines that offer a multitude of benefits, however, they are equipment that must be used with great care, since they could be highly dangerous if not given the correct use. Therefore, below, we give you a series of basic tips for you to keep in mind and take into account when using one of them.
- Always wear safety elements such as tight and resistant clothing, pants, gloves, boots, hearing protection, and protective glasses. And in case of cutting down a whole tree, put on a helmet.
- Never try to carry the chainsaw on.
- Check that there are no metal objects such as screws or nails in the trunks or branches you are going to cut.
- When working with a chainsaw, trying to grip it firmly with both hands and keep your body in a position that provides a good balance.
- Never start cutting the wood with the front of the bar, as this could cause the arm to vibrate and the chainsaw to bounce.
You may also like: Expensive Car Seats for Babies